Blizzard for New England; heavy rain for south-central KY

I haven’t changed my thinking with regards to the storm for Monday and Tuesday. The double-jet structure of the storm that I talked about here will bring 1-2″ of rain to Bowling Green Monday and Monday night. We may also have temperatures >50 degrees Monday afternoon as Gulf air surges northward ahead of the storm. This will be the first warmer than normal day since January 27th, breaking a streak of what will be 15 consecutive days of below normal temperatures. Fresh arctic air will move in Tuesday morning, which will turn any remaining rain into snow. Some Minor accumulations are possible. For a more detailed analysis of this storm, see the discussions of the NWS and WNKY.

Temperatures will remain in the 20s for Wednesday and Thursday and warm into the 30s for the weekend. The next chance for snow may arrive Sunday. For those tired of the cold weather, both the PNA and EPO are expected to reverse sign after the 22nd of the month. This will bring temperatures more typical of late February into the area (highs 50-53; lows 30-33). Early next week I will look at where February 2007 is expected to rank among the coldest Februarys.

This entry was posted in Kentucky Weather. Bookmark the permalink.