Spring Break Forecast

NOTE: If you’ve noticed I haven’t had a weather post in over a week that would be because were are in a very tranquil weather pattern. March may have come in like a lion but it is definitely coasting through mid-month like a lamb, as I predicted back on February 26th (see the last sentence). Quiet times like this give me the opportunity to post on statistical climatology and global warming.

College students everywhere will be flocking to beaches over the next few days so I thought I’d produce a Spring Break forecast for popular vacation hotspots. If you are going to a place that I don’t mention, add a comment and I will update the forecast with the new location.

Overview: A cut-off low will slowly meander across the Gulf Coast states early next week while a warming, zonal flow dominates the rest of the country. Arctic air will be confined north of the border in Canada except for over the Pac NW. The cut-off has the potential to bring rain to many of the Florida vacation hot spots mid-week, but there is some uncertainty regarding the strength and speed of the low.
By Friday, some of the ensembles show a surge of cold air moving back into the mid-section of the country, just in time for the end of Spring Break week.

Central Florida (Daytona Beach, Tampa): Chance of rain/showers Tuesday-Thursday; otherwise partly sunny. Highs upper 70s (lower 70s if raining). Lows upper 50s.

North Florida (Panama City): Chance of rain/showers Monday-Wednesday; otherwise partly sunny. Highs upper 70s (upper 60s if raining). Lows middle 50s.

South Florida (Miami): Chance of rain/showers Tuesday-Thursday; otherwise partly sunny. Highs lower 80s (upper 70s if raining). Lows around 70.

South Texas (South Padre): Chance of showers Monday; otherwise mostly sunny. Highs upper 70s. Lows around 60s.

Las Vegas: Sunny. Highs lower 80s. Lows upper 50s.

Kentucky (for those stuck at home): Partly to mostly sunny. Highs mid 60s. Lows mid 40s.

This entry was posted in U.S. Weather. Bookmark the permalink.