- About me – Dr. Greg Goodrich
- About this blog
- Blog student contributors
- Meteorology at WKU
- My Publications
- Weather links
- Who should pursue the B.S. Meteorology degree?
- B.S. Meteorology degree – curriculum
- B.S. Meteorology degree – sample 4-yr program
- How to apply for a job with the NWS
Monthly Archives: November 2008
The early taste of winter will continue through at least the first week of December. In fact, some of the longer range models suggest the below normal temperatures will continue through Christmas. While we have seen lots of cold recently, … Continue reading
An unsettled week of weather is in store for the Mid-South. None of the storms moving through this week will be strong but precipitation is possible every day through the weekend, including the possibility for the earliest snow since 1993.
A group of climate researchers at Northern Illinois University have published a paper that shows that the Mid-South has the greatest percentage of nocturnal tornadoes in the United States. Over 40% of all tornadoes that affect Kentucky and Tennessee occur … Continue reading