The cut-off system has been picked up by the jet-stream, and a jet streak will help dig the a trough over Central Canada down into The Mid South bringing high temperatures down into the 60s for the weekend with Saturday being the coolest day in a long time, where the high temperature will struggle to make it too far above 60°F as a very strong northwest flow will be in place continuing to dig the trough into Georgia. The high amplitude pattern will also cut off slightly over the Eastern States. As it moves off to the northeast temperatures will rebound during the weekend and into next week, and a broad trough will move in over much of the CONUS.
- About me – Dr. Greg Goodrich
- About this blog
- Blog student contributors
- Meteorology at WKU
- My Publications
- Weather links
- Who should pursue the B.S. Meteorology degree?
- B.S. Meteorology degree – curriculum
- B.S. Meteorology degree – sample 4-yr program
- How to apply for a job with the NWS