The spring term has started at WKU. This means this site will continue to feature frequent weather updates with many authors about the upcoming weather patterns!
1. This weekend We will continue to see a zonal flow with a few week troughs moving through.
2. Friday our rainmaker departs with slowly clearing skies. I’m not expecting fog as winds should be from 5-10 MPH. After morning lows in the mid to upper 30’s highs should be around 50.
3. Saturday the first trough moves through with a very week cold front. Ahead of the front some WAA should keep lows in the mid to upper 30’s. Only expect a slow rise into the low and mid 40’s with CAA behind the front. This front should provide enough lift for clouds along with a very small chance of light rain or flurries. Winds should increase some with the front as well.
4. A week shortwave passes to our northwest Sunday Ahead of it my thinking is enough sunshine and WAA should allow for highs in the upper 40’s more in line with the ECMWF after lows near 30. Another period of clouds late Sunday is likely as well, will keep Sunday dry though as moisture is even more limited than on Saturday.
5. Long range euro is the same as last week very warm and wet for Feb.