WKU Weather Camp

WxCamp1

The AMS/NWA Local Chapter (Meteorology Club) is proud to announce that it will be hosting its first Weather Camp this Summer on July 15 – 19, 2013.  Applications are now being accepted and will be accepted until June 15, 2013.  The cost for the camp is $60 which will go toward Food costs, T-Shirts, and other items that will be needed to run the camp successfully.  This camp will be a day camp only and it will start each day at 9:00 A.M. and will end everyday at 4:00 P.M.  The age group that this camp will be geared toward is Middle School Kids ages 11-14 at the time of the camp.  Our Weather Camp is one of several other camps across the U.S. that are a part of the National Weather Camps program which is geared toward teaching kids the importance of Science and fueling their interest in the Atmospheric Sciences.  What makes our Camp different from others is that it is entirely student led.  For more information about our Camp and to download the Application, go to our website by clicking here.  Also, you can contact Tyler Binkley the Camp Director at tyler.binkley567@topper.wku.edu

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to WKU Weather Camp

1. Teresa Kidd says:

TREVOR WITH THE storm chasers told me aboiut the weather camp at WKU. i was interested in my child attending BUT when I looked it was for 11 and up. My son and I were in dickson this past week end with Trevor and he said that you all were now going to allow 10 year olds. We live in Lafayette Tennessee and I am also a teacher,therefore, I couls get him to the camp if ya’ll are going to allow 10 year olds. Can you please let me know abou this?

thank you in advance