The rest of today will remain sunny and very cold. The high will struggle to get above freezing. Tonight will once again be very cold with the low near 20 degrees. Friday morning will be cold, but should get a little warmer as the day progresses with a high near 40. Friday will be mostly sunny. These very cold temperatures are a result from the arctic high that is sitting over our area. Early Saturday morning the high will start to shift east. The shifting of the high to the east will allow the return flow to advect moisture into our region from the Gulf of Mexico. This will bring showers into our area later Saturday afternoon and into Sunday morning. Come back Friday for an update on your weekend forecast.
- About me – Dr. Greg Goodrich
- About this blog
- Blog student contributors
- Meteorology at WKU
- My Publications
- Weather links
- Who should pursue the B.S. Meteorology degree?
- B.S. Meteorology degree – curriculum
- B.S. Meteorology degree – sample 4-yr program
- How to apply for a job with the NWS