- About me – Dr. Greg Goodrich
- About this blog
- Blog student contributors
- Meteorology at WKU
- My Publications
- Weather links
- Who should pursue the B.S. Meteorology degree?
- B.S. Meteorology degree – curriculum
- B.S. Meteorology degree – sample 4-yr program
- How to apply for a job with the NWS
Monthly Archives: December 2009
arctic blast to start 2010
The main headline for the eastern United States will be a very strong arctic airmass which will dominate the weather pattern for at least the next week. Expect highs in the mid to upper 20’s and lows in the 10’s … Continue reading
cold then rain with little snow
1. Cold nw winds and overcast skies will only allow for highs in the low to mid 30’s Monday across the mid south. 2. Tuesday should be a seasonable day with more sunshine and highs near 40 thanks to high pressure … Continue reading
Complex late week storm coming
1. Another windy day across the region today. More windy weather is expected into Monday thanks in part to the leftovers of the Christmas storm which will bring a cold front through Sunday night. However the snow chances with this … Continue reading
Posted in Kentucky Weather Comments Off on Complex late week storm coming
1. Wednesday will be ok for travel across the mid south and lower Ohio Valley for the Holidays. However once you get into the rockies or midwest travel gets tricky because of a low pressure system bringing rain, snow and … Continue reading
Posted in Kentucky Weather Comments Off on Happy Holidays
Will 2009 join 60″ club for Bowling Green?
Through December 18, Bowling Green had recorded 58.89″ of rain for the year, which ranks 12th all-time since 1893. With a big rain event forecast for the days before Christmas, 2009 should break past the 60″ mark and reach the … Continue reading
Posted in Kentucky Weather Comments Off on Will 2009 join 60″ club for Bowling Green?
blizzard of 2009 to spare mid south
I know some of you are not happy with that but at least it will most likely snow late tonight into Sunday across the region. – light rain should change to snow overnight – temps will remain above freezing throughout … Continue reading
Posted in Kentucky Weather Comments Off on blizzard of 2009 to spare mid south
Let it Snow Let it snow Let it snow
Oh the weather outside is frightful etc. A little holiday music to start us off on this snowy forecast as we await our first measurable snow of the season!!!
Mild Start to Week
1. Southerly flow and abundant sunshine should in place for Monday with highs likely getting close to 60 in spots. This will be followed by a frontal passage monday night with scattered rain showers.
Posted in Kentucky Weather Comments Off on Mild Start to Week
As expected, the Arctic high will shift to our east overnight into the early morning hours of Saturday. This return flow will bring showers into our area for Saturday. The 12 UTC run of both the GFS and NAM agree … Continue reading
Posted in Kentucky Weather Comments Off on Weekend Forecast
The rest of today will remain sunny and very cold. The high will struggle to get above freezing. Tonight will once again be very cold with the low near 20 degrees. Friday morning will be cold, but should get a … Continue reading
Posted in Kentucky Weather Comments Off on Cold!!!