- About me – Dr. Greg Goodrich
- About this blog
- Blog student contributors
- Meteorology at WKU
- My Publications
- Weather links
- Who should pursue the B.S. Meteorology degree?
- B.S. Meteorology degree – curriculum
- B.S. Meteorology degree – sample 4-yr program
- How to apply for a job with the NWS
Monthly Archives: December 2008
The GFS ensembles and ECMWF continue to show the westward trend in the mean longwave trough over the United States. This suggests at least a break in the recent cold NW flow pattern that Kentucky has been in since mid-November. … Continue reading
After nearly a month of below normal temperatures across the Mid-South we are finally looking at the first truly big winter storm of the season. Unfortunately for those who love snow, most of Kentucky will be on wrong side of … Continue reading
According to CareerBuilder.com, meteorology is a high-paying job (average salary $68,000) with decent growth potential (11%) over the next decade. See here for the entire article.