- About me – Dr. Greg Goodrich
- About this blog
- Blog student contributors
- Meteorology at WKU
- My Publications
- Weather links
- Who should pursue the B.S. Meteorology degree?
- B.S. Meteorology degree – curriculum
- B.S. Meteorology degree – sample 4-yr program
- How to apply for a job with the NWS
Monthly Archives: October 2009
Weekend looks cool, but nice
After a soggy evening overnight tonight, the current storm system should continue to advance on to the northeast, leaving clear and sunny conditions behind.
Posted in Kentucky Weather Comments Off on Weekend looks cool, but nice
Clouds linger today, rain returns Thursday night
While stubborn overcast conditions remain over the area this afternoon and evening, the skies should clear out tonight for a generally nice Thursday afternoon ahead of more rain and thunderstorms tomorrow night.
Posted in Kentucky Weather Comments Off on Clouds linger today, rain returns Thursday night
Showers for your Tuesday
After a nice Monday that saw temperatures climb into the upper-60s, rain showers will enter the area on Tuesday evening.
Posted in Kentucky Weather Comments Off on Showers for your Tuesday
quick thoughts on the week ahead
– Two pattern changes next week. The first will be the establishment of a ridge over the east due a monster west coast trough from Monday until the end of the week the second change will be when a sharp … Continue reading
Posted in Kentucky Weather Comments Off on quick thoughts on the week ahead
1. For this afternoon a dry slot in behind the main rain band will move into the region allowing for a decrease in showers and storms this afternoon. Highs should be in the upper 60’s to lower 70’s across the … Continue reading
Posted in Kentucky Weather 2 Comments
Mid week update ( congrats to Dr.Goodrich)
1. There some issues with comments getting through please try again if you have trouble getting through or e-mail Dr.Goodrich (firstname.lastname@example.org). However he will be unavailable for the next two weeks. 2. Congratulations to Dr.Goodrich and his family as they … Continue reading Continue reading
Posted in Kentucky Weather Comments Off on Mid week update ( congrats to Dr.Goodrich)
A look at the weekend
Friday is here and it is wet and cold outside. Today we can expect a high temperature of around 50 degrees with a chance of light scattered showers as we get into the afternoon and evening hours. Your Saturday looks … Continue reading
Posted in Kentucky Weather Comments Off on A look at the weekend
It looks as if the rest of Wednesday will stay dry, but you can expect it to remain mostly cloudy for the rest of today with highs lucky to reach the mid 50’s. Rain will resume late Wednesday night into … Continue reading
Posted in Kentucky Weather Comments Off on Midweek Update
A look at the week ahead
It looks like today and the majority of Tuesday will stay dry. Chances of rain will increase late Tuesday afternoon into Tuesday evening with chances of rain remaining with us the rest of the week.
Posted in Kentucky Weather Comments Off on A look at the week ahead
Strong line of storms have developed ahead of the cold front and has put the far west counties of south central Kentucky under a TORNADO WATCH through this evening. Expecting strong winds and heavy downpours with this system. Be sure … Continue reading
Posted in Kentucky Weather Comments Off on Update