NOAA has produced a report that shows that while winter (Dec-Feb) across the United States was near normal, globally, the winter of 2006-07 was the warmest such period since measurements began in 1880. You can access the entire report here. It is pretty apparent that this past winter was very warm world-wide when you look at an image like this. The good news is that precipitation was up globally.
- About me – Dr. Greg Goodrich
- About this blog
- Blog student contributors
- Meteorology at WKU
- My Publications
- Weather links
- Who should pursue the B.S. Meteorology degree?
- B.S. Meteorology degree – curriculum
- B.S. Meteorology degree – sample 4-yr program
- How to apply for a job with the NWS