The recent 8-day streak of measurable rainfall (0.01″ or more) from 1/9 – 1/16, 2013 at Bowling Green tied for the 3rd longest since 1893. The longest rainfall streak of 10 days occurred three times, most recently from 9/17 – 9/26 of 2009. The most recent 8-day streak occurred from 4/22 – 4/29, 2011. The recent 8-day streak produced 3.64″. Nearly all of the precipitation during the streak was rain, although 0.1″ of sleet was recorded on 1/14. Precipitation is not expected through the weekend.
- About me – Dr. Greg Goodrich
- About this blog
- Blog student contributors
- Meteorology at WKU
- My Publications
- Weather links
- Who should pursue the B.S. Meteorology degree?
- B.S. Meteorology degree – curriculum
- B.S. Meteorology degree – sample 4-yr program
- How to apply for a job with the NWS