It’s taken a while but the thunderstorms along the leading edge of rain band have moved east of Bowling green. Rainfall totals have been over 9 inches at the mesonet site with the likelihood of flooding still high. To put this in perspective this is likely a once in 75 year event for the region. Additional rainfall should be under 1 inch of new rain by 5 pm when I expect the rain band to finally clear out. I’m sure Dr.Goodrich will some stats on this event sometime next week. In the meantime turn around, don’t drown.
- About me – Dr. Greg Goodrich
- About this blog
- Blog student contributors
- Meteorology at WKU
- My Publications
- Weather links
- Who should pursue the B.S. Meteorology degree?
- B.S. Meteorology degree – curriculum
- B.S. Meteorology degree – sample 4-yr program
- How to apply for a job with the NWS