Right now la-nina conditions are present in the pacific ocean. Modeling suggests that the la-nina will become moderate to strong by the start of winter before returning back to moderate by the end of winter. For us this likely means a return to wetter than normal conditions by the end of the year. This is good news for the western part of the state still currently in drought. Here are some links to the latest la-nina report and to our new wrf model here at western.
- About me – Dr. Greg Goodrich
- About this blog
- Blog student contributors
- Meteorology at WKU
- My Publications
- Weather links
- Who should pursue the B.S. Meteorology degree?
- B.S. Meteorology degree – curriculum
- B.S. Meteorology degree – sample 4-yr program
- How to apply for a job with the NWS