The euro is calling for a high 97 tomorrow with a 75 dewpoint producing a max heat index of 109. While the gfs which has been to warm all week has a high of 102 with dewpoints in the low 70’s which would produce a max heat index of 112. Right now my thinking continues to be we will not hit 100 tomorrow in Bowling Green as the euro has been the more accurate model in recent days. Highs should range from 95-99 tomorrow across Bowling green with western Kentucky ( Paducah area) over 100 temps. The mesonet recorded a 122 heat index in Hopkins county on Tuesday. Heat index values will be at very dangerous levels again today from 103-108 in the region.
- About me – Dr. Greg Goodrich
- About this blog
- Blog student contributors
- Meteorology at WKU
- My Publications
- Weather links
- Who should pursue the B.S. Meteorology degree?
- B.S. Meteorology degree – curriculum
- B.S. Meteorology degree – sample 4-yr program
- How to apply for a job with the NWS