Sunny skies are deceiving as temperatures have begun to fall in Southern KY. A reinforcing shot off cold air from Tuesday system has arrived in the form of a cold front as Cold air advection is currently taking place. It will be wind with winds 10-15mph, and continuing to get colder as today’s maximum temperature has already been reached today.
For tonight, frost is once again possible as temperatures fall, the skies clear, and high pressure settles in. Most areas will approach freezing with Bowling Green specifically reaching 33 under light winds. Otherwise any other low lying areas or sheltered areas are prone for a patchy frost. Otherwise the rest of the week seems climatologically seasonal, or just a tad bit cooler. More to come..
- About me – Dr. Greg Goodrich
- About this blog
- Blog student contributors
- Meteorology at WKU
- My Publications
- Weather links
- Who should pursue the B.S. Meteorology degree?
- B.S. Meteorology degree – curriculum
- B.S. Meteorology degree – sample 4-yr program
- How to apply for a job with the NWS