The current temperature in Bowling Green is sitting at 62 degrees, which is 13 degrees cooler than this time yesterday. The cold front, which is now situated to our south, is definitely being felt across the region this morning. This is the 24 hour change in temperature for the U.S.
The forecasted high temperature for today is 70 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. The average daytime high for mid-September is around 80 degrees, so the cold front brought well below-average temperatures for our area. We will continue to see these cooler temperatures into the weekend.
Today will remain cloudy with a northeast wind. There is a chance of rain this evening as an upper-level jet streak makes its way into Kentucky. This will provide enough energy for some possible scattered showers this afternoon into tonight. A strong high pressure system currently in the central U.S. will beginning moving into the area tomorrow and Sunday, bringing sunshine and a slight warm-up until another cold front begins to move through early next week.
Take advantage of the cooler-than-average temperatures this weekend and start enjoying your Fall activities now!
Bowling Green’s Weekend Forecast:
- Today: Scattered showers, mainly between noon and 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 70. Northeast wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tonight: Isolated showers. Cloudy, with a low around 60. North wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 70. North wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 54. North wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 76. Northeast wind 3 to 6 mph.
- Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 56.