Bowling Green is currently 66 degrees and cloudy, with the cold front sitting just to our south. This front brought much needed rain to the area last night and even caused slight wind damage in some areas. The Kentucky Mesonet measured a rain total of 0.48 inches from the system that went through last night. Below is a map of the precipitation accumulations due to this passing cold front (Courtesy weather.cod.edu).
Bowling Green will remain cloudy today and is expected to reach a high of 74 degrees. The clouds will begin moving out of the region late tonight and a fast moving high pressure system will make its way across the southern U.S. We’ll be on the cool side of this high pressure tomorrow, with winds coming out of the north and an expected high temperature of 62. It will be a beautiful weekend for being outdoors, so enjoy it while you can! We see our next opportunity for rain chances early next week, as another front moves through the region.
Have a fantastic weekend!
Bowling Green’s Weekend Forecast (NOAA):
- Today: A 40 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 74. Southwest wind 11 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
- Tonight: A 20 percent chance of showers before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 40. West wind 7 to 13 mph.
- Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 62. West wind 6 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
- Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 37. West wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 69. Light southwest wind increasing to 9 to 14 mph in the morning.
- Sunday Night: A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53.