Bowling Green is currently 53 degrees and breezy, with a southerly wind gusting up to 25-30 mph in some areas. Temperatures are definitely warmer than what was forecasted for today due to strong warm air advection and a warm front that passed through earlier today. 18z surface analysis shows the system responsible for this brief warm-up and a cold front that is on its way. This cold front will cool things down, but not nearly as much as the system earlier this week.
For the remainder of the week a developing high pressure system will continue moving across the country, affecting our area. While we are on the east side of this system, we will continue to experience cold, dry temperatures; however, as the high pressure moves to our east, we will start to warm up significantly. Forecasted temperatures for Saturday and Sunday are in the mid 50s and 60s. Southerly winds will bring moist, Gulf air into most of the southeast and we will have a chance for thunderstorms later in the weekend.
Bowling Green’s 5 Day Forecast:
- Tonight: Low around 25.
- Thursday: High near 43.
- Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 35. Light and variable wind.
- Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 56. Calm wind becoming east around 6 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night: A 20 percent chance of rain after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 47.
- Saturday: A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly after 7am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 62.
- Saturday Night: Showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 49. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday: Rain and possibly a thunderstorm. High near 56. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Night: Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Low around 36. Chance of precipitation is 80%.