Bowling Green received 0.2″ of snow today which is only the 2nd time measurable snow has occurred on this date. The previous measurable snow on 11/15 occurred in 1906 when 4.5″ fell. The max temperature of 36°F is the 4th coldest since 1893 and is the coldest max temperature for the date since 1940. Receiving measurable snowfall prior to mid-November is rare in Bowling Green and has only happened 9 times, most recently on Halloween of 1993.
- About me – Dr. Greg Goodrich
- About this blog
- Blog student contributors
- Meteorology at WKU
- My Publications
- Weather links
- Who should pursue the B.S. Meteorology degree?
- B.S. Meteorology degree – curriculum
- B.S. Meteorology degree – sample 4-yr program
- How to apply for a job with the NWS