On this day, in 1970, the country of Bangladesh saw one of the world’s deadliest natural disasters. This storm was ranked as an “extremely severe cyclonic storm” by the India Meteorological Department and a category four on the Saffir-Simpson scale. From the 3rd through the 13th, there was $86.4 million of damage and over 500,000 lives lost.
- About me – Dr. Greg Goodrich
- About this blog
- Blog student contributors
- Meteorology at WKU
- My Publications
- Weather links
- Who should pursue the B.S. Meteorology degree?
- B.S. Meteorology degree – curriculum
- B.S. Meteorology degree – sample 4-yr program
- How to apply for a job with the NWS