Bowling Green is currently 80 degrees and sunny. Temperatures will only get hotter throughout the day, as we are expected to reach a high of 87 today. These temperatures are much warmer than normal, but there is a blast of anticipated relief headed our way! Below is the NAM 250 mb wind and height map for early Friday morning. The upper-level trough will begin digging into the lower U.S. more than we originally thought earlier in the week. As a result, we will see much cooler temperatures this weekend when the cold front moves through.
Both the GFS and NAM are in agreement with the timing of this cold front moving through our area. Late Thursday night, the front will start moving through Kentucky and will pass through Bowling Green overnight. Heavy rain and scattered thunderstorms are likely with this cold front. The NAM Simulated Reflectivity for around midnight on Thursday shows the leading edge of the front right on the border of Kentucky.
After this front passes, temperatures will cool drastically. Saturday will be gorgeous with a forecasted high of around 62 degrees and a low Saturday night of around 40 degrees. Below is the NAM 2m Temperature map Saturday morning after the front has passed.
This weather will make for a soggy end to the week and a beautiful weekend! Have a wonderful Fall Break!
Bowling Green’s 5 Day Forecast (NOAA):
- Today: High of 87, sunny.
- Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 61. Light southeast wind.
- Thursday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 90. Light south wind increasing to 6 to 11 mph in the morning.
- Thursday Night: Showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 2am. Low around 67. South wind 8 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Friday: Showers and thunderstorms before 8am, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm between 8am and 2pm, then a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. High near 75. South wind 11 to 17 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Friday Night: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 8pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 45.
- Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 62.
- Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 41.
- Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 69.
- Sunday Night: A 30 percent chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 51.