The Mid-South will get a heavy dose of rain today from the low pressure system currently out over the upper-Mississippi valley. This storm is churning abundant moisture into the region from the Gulf as it continues to advance eastward. This will provide Bowling Green and south central Kentucky with consistent rain all day long today. It should remain relatively warm, however, as the high should reach into the mid-50s. Temperatures should bottom out in the low-40s tonight with continued light rain lingering throughout the weekend. Since this system is a slow-mover, scattered light rain showers will hang around all weekend, with highs into the low-5os and lows in the low-40s. Not exactly the best forecast for your weekend, but enjoy it anyway you can!
- About me – Dr. Greg Goodrich
- About this blog
- Blog student contributors
- Meteorology at WKU
- My Publications
- Weather links
- Who should pursue the B.S. Meteorology degree?
- B.S. Meteorology degree – curriculum
- B.S. Meteorology degree – sample 4-yr program
- How to apply for a job with the NWS