heat index values both at the mesonet site and at the airport have been running in the 95-100 range this afternoon. This is thanks in large part to a very moist atmosphere( dewpoints in the mid 70’s) and temps getting close to 90. should the region not see any pop up storms today heat index values by late afternoon could easily top 100. excercise caution if you have to be outside for long periods today.
- About me – Dr. Greg Goodrich
- About this blog
- Blog student contributors
- Meteorology at WKU
- My Publications
- Weather links
- Who should pursue the B.S. Meteorology degree?
- B.S. Meteorology degree – curriculum
- B.S. Meteorology degree – sample 4-yr program
- How to apply for a job with the NWS