Bowling Green hit a high of 83 degrees today, which is slightly warmer than average temperatures for the end of September. High pressure continues to sit over the region bringing partly cloudy to sunny skies for the start of the work week. A weak cold front will start moving into the area on Tuesday. The figure below shows the surface fronts and pressure systems for Tuesday morning. (NOAA)
This cold front will not have much affect on the 80 degree temperatures, nor will there be any precipitation associated with it. The bigger system to keep an eye on is a cold front moving through later on in the week. Models suggest this strong cold front will move across Kentucky during the day on Friday, bringing scattered showers and possible thunderstorms. The 6-10 day temperature outlook shows overall temperatures having a 50% probability of being cooler than normal after this front moves through.
We will keep you posted as this system develops throughout the week and provide more information on the more fall-like temperatures we could be seeing with this system. Until then, expect sunny skies and more 80 degree weather!
Bowling Green’s 5-day Forecast (NOAA):
- Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 60. Light south wind.
- Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 83. Calm wind becoming north around 6 mph in the afternoon.
- Monday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 57. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Tuesday: Sunny, with a high near 83. Calm wind becoming north around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Tuesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 58. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 85.
- Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 64.
- Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 84.
- Thursday Night: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 66. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Friday: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 75. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Friday Night: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 49.