The leaves are falling and so are the temperatures, at least for this week. Bowling Green is currently 60 degrees and overcast with a moderate northwest wind. An upper-level trough is positioned over the eastern U.S. and the associated cold front sits just to our south which can be seen in the NOAA Surface Analysis from 18z:
Temperatures have dropped significantly since yesterday when we saw a high of 82. Temperatures will continue to gradually cool down throughout the week with a high pressure system moving into the area, bringing sunny skies and cooler weather. The low pressure system responsible for the cold front that just moved through will continue circling to our north and will receive additional upper-level forcing later in the week that will give us another cold front late in the day on Friday. This cold front will bring already decreasing temperatures even lower and we could see temperatures very close to freezing Friday night into Saturday morning
(GFS Surface Temps around midnight Friday)
Enjoy the cooler temperatures this week as we close out October with more fall-like weather. Have a great rest of the week!
Bowling Green’s 3-Day Forecast (NWS):
- Tonight: Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 48. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 64. Light west wind becoming northwest 5 to 9 mph in the morning.
- Wednesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 38. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 60. Light and variable wind.
- Thursday Night: A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44.
- Friday: A 30 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 57.
- Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 33.